Title: Plant Growing and Identifying Variables
Grade Level: 5th Grade (can be adapted for other grade levels)
- Split students into groups of 4. Each group will plant 3 different cups with pea pod seeds.
- One cup will only contain the pea pod seeds, one will contain the miracle grow, and one will contain the jobe sticks. Each cup will contain 3 seeds. Students must make sure the same amount of soil is in each cup.
- Students will take care of the plants for 3 weeks. When feeding the plants, they should measure the same amount of water each time and give each plant the same amount of light.
- Student must write down what the independent and dependent variables are in the experiment.
- Students will measure how must each plant has grown everyday for three weeks, and record the results.
- Soil -
- Miracle Grow
- Jobe Sticks
- Measuring Cups
- Pea Pod Seeds
- Plastic Cups
- Light Source