Grade: 5th (can be adapted for other grade levels)
Title: Fall Poem
Integration of Learning Outcomes:
- Students will be able to write a short poem about fall.
- Students will be able to complete the steps of the writing process.
- 1.4.5.A: Write poems, multi-paragraph stories, and plays.
o Include detailed descriptions of people, places, and things.
o Include literary elements and devices.
- 1.5.5.F: Use grade appropriate conventions of language when writing and editing.
o Spell common, frequently used words correctly.
o Use capital letters correctly.
o Punctuate correctly.
o Use correct grammar and sentence formation.
- 1.5.5.D: Write with an understanding of style, using a variety of sentence structures and descriptive word choices (e.g., adjectives, nouns, adverbs, verbs) to create voice. Include specific details that convey meaning and set a tone.