Here are some of the benefits of Turn and Talks or Think-Pair-Shares:
- Every student gets to share his or her ideas.
- Students can build ideas and knowledge off of each other.
- Students can learn from their peers.
- It helps to build a classroom community.
- Providing a chance of dialogue in the classroom can decrease out-of-turn talking, or other disruptive behaviors.
- It is an easy check-in. Listening in can serve as a formative assessment to see if the students are understanding.
- Builds communication and speaking skills.
Check out this anchor chart with Turn and Talk guidelines and expectations.